SERVING SIZE: 1 1/2 cup
- 6 ounces dried linguine or fettuccine
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning or ground black pepper
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (12 ounces total), cut into bite-size strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon or dill, crushed
1. Cook pasta according to directions, adding broccoli the last 4 minutes. Drain; keep warm.
2. Combine broth, cornstarch, and seasoning; set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in hot oil 4 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring often.
4. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in tarragon; cook for 2 minutes. Serve over pasta. Makes 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
Credit: Recipe and photograph ownership of © Copyright 2012 , Meredith Corporation.