I am happy that Spring is in full bloom at our Texas home. One of my favorite past time activities is taking floral photos and enjoying nature. It is easy to become so absorbed in taking a picture and forget about my surrounding. In turn paying no attention to people passing by.
Although I am a believer that most people mean me no harm. There is evil in our world and taking safety for granted is unwise. With that said I wanted to share with you five personal safety tips.
1. Look around. Be aware of your surroundings and people within five feet of your reach.
2. Wake up. Take out earphones and don’t be distracted by a phone conversation.
3. Walk wide around building corners. Don’t get jumped.
4. No stranger gets in your home EVER. Home invasions are growing and a large number of murders start as home robbery incidents.
5. Don’t go with a stranger. Never go with a stranger anywhere. Fight, scream, make noise and stand your ground. You stand a better chance of surviving.
Several other tips come to mind but with families taking vacations keep it in mind to teach loved ones how to be safe.
Please share your safety tips!